Who is DJ Quik?
David Marvin Blake, prominently recognized by his stage name, DJ Quik, is a well-known rapper and DJ hailing from the United States of America. He has gained popularity over the years by collaborating with noted musicians like Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, 2Pac, Erick Sermon, Shaquille O’Neal, etc. Quik is versatile who sings, writes song lyrics, produces music, and plays instruments such as synthesizer, keyboards, turntables, drums, guitar, bass guitar, drum machine, and sampler. The musician is involved in popularizing the music in particular genres of hip hop and gangsta-funk.
Quik has appeared in films like Visual: The Art of Sound into Vision and Keeping Up with the Steins. The rapper was also seen appearing in Snoop Dogg’s music album Malice n Wonderland. Quik has also featured in a few TV series, including Method & Red, Entourage, and Everybody Hates Chris. For his excellence in the field of hip-hop music, DJ Quik was nominated for the American Music Awards for the category of Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist in 1992. But unfortunately failed to bag it. In 2012, the hip-hop artist received the prestigious award of Biggest Celebrity DJ.
|Birth Name||David Marvin Blake|
|Birth Date||January 18, 1970 (Age 51)|
|Birth Place||Compton, California, USA|
|Other Names||DJ Quik, Danté Blake, Mr. Quik, Da Quiksta|
|Parent(s)||David Blake Sr. Delma Armstrong|
|Education||High School Dropout|
|Profession||Rapper, Record Producer, Lyricist, Disc Jockey|
|Active Years||1987- Present|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Alicia Hill (2005- Present)|
|Children||David Blake Jr., Davieanna Marlena Blake|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$4 million|
What is DJ Quik’s profession?
- Inspired by the artists like Roger Troutman and George Clinton, DJ Quik started recording mixtapes in his household in the 1980s. He sold some of them, including The Red Tape, in approximately 1987. The aspiring musician has been interested in playing different types of instruments since his childhood. Gradually, Quik became very fond of hip hop; hence, he started a disc jockey. He frequently hosted DJ shows in his locality. The rapper became a part of the P-Kunk group Westside Tree Top Piru. Quik’s involvement with street hip hop artists benefited him during his struggle times. His hard work finally paid off in the late 1980s when he joined Profile Records and Ruthless Records. Quick released his first album, Quik Is the Name, in 1991, which broke many records. Its success was followed by the rapper’s second album, Way 2 Fonky, released in 1992.
- Along with creating influential albums, Quik was also involved in producing albums for other emerging artists. In 1995, the versatile released his third album with the name Safe + Sound, followed by his fourth album Rhythm-al-ism in 1998. Quik’s collaboration album with Kurupt, Blackout, was released in 2009. His other hit albums include Balance & Options, released in 2000; Under the Influence in 2002; Trauma came in 2005; the Book of David in 2009; and The Midnight Life, released in 2014.
What is DJ Quik’s physical appearance?
- DJ Quik is a 51 years old rapper and DJ born in Compton, California, the USA, on January 18, 1970. He is 5.4 feet tall and weighs around 80 kg. Quik has black eyes and black hair. He likes to keep facial hair. The rapper is a high school dropout. David Blake Jr., Delma Armstrong are his parents, and Stacy Hagood is Quik’s sibling.
Is DJ Quik married?
- DJ Quik married Alicia Hill in 2005. The couple is blessed with two kids- David Blake, Jr, Davieanna Marlena Blake.
What are the sources of DJ Quik’s earnings?
- DJ Quik is a well-established rapper, DJ, and record producer in the USA. His net worth is $4 million.
- David Marvin Blake, prominently recognized by his stage name, DJ Quik, is a well-known rapper.
- He is 51 years old.
- His birth sign is Capricorn.
- Quik is a high school dropout.
View this post on Instagram