Dikembe Mutombo is a former basketball player. He is Congolese-American and has been serving as the Chief Global Officer at Ask The Doctor since 2020.
Who is Dikembe Mutombo?
Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo, popularly known as Dikembe Mutombo, is a famous Congolese and American basketball player. He is known for his height of 7. 15 feet who has played at the center position. After playing for 18 long seasons in the National Basketball Association, he retired in 2009. He wore jersey number 55 and played for the Denver Nuggets, Atlanta Hawks, Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Houston Rockets. He found his place in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2015.
|Birth Name||Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo|
|Birth Date||June 25, 1966 (age 55)|
|Birth Place||Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Other Names||Dikembe Mutombo|
|Parent(s)||Samuel Mutombo, and Biamba Marie Mutombo|
|High School||Bobo to college|
|Profession||Former Basketball Player|
|Active Years||1990- Present|
|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo and USA|
|Nationality||Congolese, and American|
|Height||7 feet 1 inch|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$80 million|
What does Dikembe Mutombo do?
- Dikembe Mutombo is a famous NBA basketball player. He is originally from the Democratic Republic of the Congo but later moved to America. He started playing basketball while studying at Georgetown University. He was consecutively given the title Big East Defensive Player of the Year in 1990 and 1991. He signed his first NBA draft in 1991 with the Denver Nuggets and played for the team until 1996. He could not shine initially, but he gradually improved his game, and his signature move to block opponents to score became famous.
- For his perfect game, he was included in the All-Stars Team in 1992. He was known as one of the best defensive players in the upcoming seasons. He joined the Atlanta Hawks in 1996 with a five-year contract. His contribution helped the Atlanta Hawks to win over 50 matches in the 1996-87 season. He left the Atlanta Hawks and joined the Philadelphia 76ers in 2001, winning his fourth Defensive Player of the Year award. He then joined the New Jersey Nets for one year in 2002. In 2003, Mutomo signed a two years contract with the New York Knicks. But he was traded to the Chicago Bulls in 2004. In the same year, he joined the Houston Rockets, which was supposed to be his last team to be played for. He retired in 2009 and is currently working as the Chief Global Officer at Ask The Doctor.
What is Dikembe Mutombo’s Physical appearance?
- Dikembe Mutombo is a 55 years old former basketball player. He is 7.1 feet tall and is 118 kg in weight. He has brown eyes and black hair though he is bald. He was born on June 25, 1966, in Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo. His parents are Samuel Mutombo, and Biamba Marie Mutombo. He has the nationality of two countries: Congolese and American. He has attended Boboto college and Georgetown University for his studies.
Is Dikembe Mutombo married?
- Mutombo has been married to Rose Mutombo since 1996. The couple has a son, Ryan Mutombo. He was about to marry Michelle Roberts in 1994, but the wedding was canceled on the day of the wedding itself.
Did Dikembe Mutombo win any award?
- Dikembe has earned immense popularity as a basketball player. He won Multiple Defensive players of the Year in his NBA career. He has also won the Sager Strong Award and NCAA Silver Anniversary Award. He qualified to play for the NBA All-Stars team. He was included in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2015.
What is Dikembe Mutombo’s net worth?
- Dikembe Mutombo’s net worth is $$80 million.
- Dikembe Mutombo has played in 18 NBA seasons.
- He is 7. 15 feet tall.
- He played in the center position.
- He retired in 2009.
View this post on Instagram