Dia Mirza is an Indian model, actress, producer and beauty queen who won the Miss Asia Pacific 2000 title. Mirza was born on 9 December 1981 in Hyderabad, India. Mirza made her cinematic debut with Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein opposite R. Madhavan. Later, she appeared in Parineeta, a Vidhu Vinod Chopra production. In 2012, Mirza tried her luck in regional cinema with Bengali filmmaker Pratim Dasgupta’s Paanch Adhyay. She co-owns a production house, Born Free Entertainment, with her husband Sahil Sangha.
Dia is known in media for her social work as well. Mirza has been involved with Cancer Patients Aid Association and Spastics Society of India, and has worked extensively with the government of Andhra Pradesh to spread HIV awareness, prevention of female foeticide, PETA, CRY and most recently the NDTV Greenathon – an effort to find tangible solutions against pollution and the book, “Deke Dheko” by Radio Mirchi.
Dia Mirza appeared on the web series of Zee% titled Kaafir. The story was set in Kashmir and was greatly loved by the audience. She also appeared as the wife of Sanjay Dutt in the biopic of Sanjay Dutt named Sanju ion 2018.
Dia Mirza’s Basic Personal Info
|Name||Dia Mirza Handrich|
|Born||9 December 1981 (39 Years)|
|Height||5ft 6in ,165 cm,1.65 m|
|Weight||53 kg,117 lbs|
|Father||Late Frank Handrich (Graphic Designer, Architect)|
|Mother||Deepa Mirza (Interior Designer, Landscaper)|
|Spouse||Sahil Sangha (Businessman)|
|Net Worth||4.5 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein (20001)|
|Debut TV||Ganga- The Soul of India (2016)|
|School||Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad|
Nasr School, Khairtabad, Hyderabad
|College||Stanley Girls Junior College, Hyderabad (Dropped-out)|
Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
|– Waist||26 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Favorite Food||Stews, Khichdi, Khubbani Ka Meetha, Broths, Gajjar Ka Halwa|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood- 3 Idiots, Hollywood- Forest Gump, Schindler’s List|
|Favorite Destination||Europe, New York|
|Favorite Actor||Tom Cruise|
|Favorite Actress||Aishwarya Rai|
|Cars Collection||Lexux LX SUV|
View this post on Instagram
Lipton, Wall’s ice cream, Emam
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Dia Mirza took Twitter by storm when she raised objection to BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi’s comment regarding Mother Teresa. Dia tweeted, “Shame on you #MeenakshiLekhi you contort personal faith/work to validate a statement that should be condemned. #MotherTeresa.”
- In an interview, Dia Mirza was asked if she has any regrets for not belonging to the A-lister gang of Bollywood. Dia replied saying, “Who is an A-lister? Someone who does a film with Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan or 10 films a year with big banners? Those are not my aspirations. I’m content with what I have. When I started off, I didn’t even know what I wanted. I’ve only discovered myself some five years ago. It reflects in my choices.”
- Dia raised her voice against the Sardar Sarovar Project. Later, She was lambasted by the BJP activists for supporting the ‘Narmada Bachao Andolan’ and later on a protest march was led against her.
- In March 2016, Dia Twitted, “The irony of the times we live in: farmers commit suicide due to drought and people waste water to ‘play’ # Go ahead call me anti-Hindu.”, which gathered a lot of negative responses from Twitter. Dia latter apologized on her Facebook page.
- Dia father was Catholic, mother is a Bengali, was raised by Muslim step- father and married to a Hindu.
- Dia was 41/2 years old when her parents got divorced. Later her mother married an Indian Muslim Ahmad Mirza.
- Her first salary as a Marketing Executive was 500 INR.
- She could not complete her graduation due to being busy at work.
- She won Miss Asia Pacific in 2000.
- She has written articles for Hindustan Timesand other publications.
- On World Environment Day 2017, she was appointed brand ambassador for the Wildlife Trust of India.
- Dia Mirza was awarded the Dada Saheb Phalke award in the film festival of 2020 for Kaafir.
- She has recently been on controversies where she said that the film industry is a male dominant society and movies are not made for the older actresses however there are movies for the male actors.
|2002||Zee Cine Awards for Best Debut: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein|
|2002||Bollywood movie award for Best Debut Newcomer: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein|
|2005||Great women achiever award for Beauty|
|2011||Green Globe Honor for Extraordinary Work by a Public Figure|
|2011||Women’s Achievement Award|
|2013||The Sixth Geospa Asiaspa India Awards for Eco Crusader of the Year|
|2016||Ms Eternal Beauty at The Femina Miss India|
|2017||Green Crusader of the Year Award at IAA – India Chapter Olive Crown Awards|
|2017||The ‘Valerian Of Environmental Issues by the makers of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile