David Neeleman is a distinguished Brazilian-American entrepreneur mainly known for co-founding five commercialized airlines, including Morris Air.
Who is David Neeleman?
David Neeleman is one of the prominent names in European airlines. Born in Brazil, he has gained fame in almost all western countries for his great success in the commercial field. Neeleman has co-founded five major airlines to date: Morris Air, WestJet, JetBlue Airways, Azul Brazilian Airlines, and Breeze Airways.
He is currently serving as the Chairman of Azul Brazilian Airlines and CEO of Breeze Airways. With his innovative ideas and dedication to achieving heights, Neeleman is considered one of the most successful entrepreneurs at present. He has been widely recognized at the international level for the number of accomplishments he has gained so far.
The businessman has been recognized with the Airline Business Award in 2021 for his contribution as an industry innovator. In 2005, he received the prestigious Tony Jannus Award. Aside from this, Neeleman has also featured in several media outlets in their list of prominent business persons. He is an educated entrepreneur who has introduced several ways to success.
David Neeleman is socially active and has 46 thousand followers on Facebook, 28.7 thousand followers on Instagram, and 2 thousand followers on Twitter. He has also been included among the wealthiest personalities in the world. Neeleman has been an example of hard work pays off and is an inspiration to many.
|Birth Name||David G. Neeleman|
|Birth Date||16 October 1959 (Age 62)|
|Birth Place||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Current resident||New Canaan, Connecticut, USA|
|Parent(s)||Gary Neeleman and Rose Neeleman|
|Sibling(s)||Stephen Neeleman, Julie Neeleman Millard, Pamela Neeleman-Clark, Mark Neeleman|
|High School||Brighton High School|
|College||David Eccles School of Business, The University of Utah|
|Active Years||The 1980s- Present|
|Country||Brazil, USA, Republic of Cyprus|
|Nationality||Brazilian, American, Cyprus|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Spouse(s)||Vicki Vranes (1980- 2013)|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$400 million|
What is David Neeleman’s profession?
- David Neeleman is an entrepreneur currently residing in the USA. After graduating from David Eccles School of Business, he co-founded the low-fare airline named Morris Air and June Morris. After some time, Neeleman became the executive vice president of the firm. But in 1993, Morris Air got sold to Southwest Airlines.
- The businessman worked for another five months there and left. Eventually, he got a chance to serve the airline reservation software company Open Skies as its CEO. In the meantime, Neeleman also worked for WestJet and JetBlue. In 2002, he became the CEO of JetBlue Airways.
- The businessman launched Azul Brazilian Airlines in 2008. In the USA, Neeleman launched Breeze Airways in 2018. In 2015, he owned 45% of the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal. The entrepreneur is now serving as the Chairman of Azul Brazilian Airlines. He is also the chief executive officer of Breeze Airways.
Who are David Neeleman’s parents?
David Neeleman was born to Gary Neeleman and Rose Neeleman in São Paulo, Brazil, on 16 October 1959. He has four siblings named Stephen Neeleman, Julie Neeleman Millard, Pamela Neeleman-Clark, and Mark Neeleman. David attended Brighton High School and graduated from The University of Utah. He later enrolled in David Eccles School of Business. The businessman and his family shifted to the USA while he was just five years old.
Is David Neeleman married?
David Neeleman married Vicki Vranes in 1980, but they separated in 2013. According to the reports, Neeleman has ten children.
Is David Neeleman rich?
David Neeleman is one of the wealthiest entrepreneurs. His net worth is $400 million.
- David Neeleman is the CEO of Breeze Airways.
- He is 62 years old.
- Neeleman has 28.6k followers on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram