Clay Walker is a distinguished American singer, guitarist, and songwriter. He has popularized the genre of country music by releasing 11 solo studio albums.
Who is Clay Walker?
Ernest Clayton Walker Jr., notably known as Clay Walker, is one of the most celebrated country singers in the United States of America. He has gained popularity over the years by contributing immensely to the musical field. In his professional career, Walker has broken and created many records in composing music and its reviews. Some of the hit discographies of the musician are- If I Could Make a Living, Hypnotize the Moon, Rumor Has It, Live, Laugh, Love, Say No More, She Won’t Be Lonely Long and others. For his excellence, Walker has received several awards. In 1993, he won the recognition of Best New Male Artist in association with Radio & Records.
The musician was nominated for the Star of Tomorrow title by the TNN/Music City News. In the same year, Walker got a nomination for Academy Country Music’s Top New Male Vocalist. He received a nomination from the American Music Award in the category of Favorite Country New Artist. In 1995, the country singer won the recognition of Best New Male Vocalist in the Country Song Roundup. Walker was inducted into the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame in 2015.
|Birth Name||Ernest Clayton Walker Jr.|
|Birth Date||August 19, 1969 (Age 52)|
|Birth Place||Vidor, Texas, USA|
|Other Names||Clay Walker, Clayboy|
|Parent(s)||Danna Walker, Ernest Walker|
|Sibling(s)||Kimberly Walker Murray, Douglas Del Mage|
|High School||Vidor High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Profession||Singer, guitarist, lyricist|
|Active Years||1993- Present|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Eye color||Light Brown|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Craig (2007- Present)
Lori Jayne Lampson (1992-2003)
|Children||Maclay DaLayne, Skylor ClayAnne, William Clayton, Mary Elizabeth, Elijah Craig, Ezra Stephen, Christiaan Michael|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$8 million|
What does Clay Walker do?
- Clay Walker is a reputed country singer and guitarist in the USA. After high school, he started working at a minor post in Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. Soon, he realized staying away from music was impossible. Walker began playing in clubs and was successful in grabbing the attention of the music producer James Stroud. The encounter changed the life of the musician. Walker released his debut album in 1993 with his name, which Stroud produced.
- Its song What’s It to You ranked number one in the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks. The singer’s second album, If I Could Make a Living, was released in 1994. In the following year, he came up with his next album with the title Hypnotize the Moon. Due to some health issues, Walker took a break and released his third album, Rumor Has It, in 1997. Live, Laugh, Love was his next hit album that was released in 1999. The musician released three compilation albums, including Self Portrait in 1996, Greatest Hits in 1998, and Platinum Collection in 2007.
Who are Clay Walker’s parents?
Clay Walker’s parents are Danna Walker and Ernest Walker. He has two siblings named Kimberly Walker Murray and Douglas Del Mage. The musician graduated from Vidor High School but never attended college.
What is Clay Walker’s relationship status?
Clay Walker has been married to Jessica Craig since 2007. Before Craig, Walker married Lori Jayne Lampson in 1992, but they separated in 2003. The singer has seven children, namely Maclay DaLayne, Skylor ClayAnne, William Clayton, Mary Elizabeth, Elijah Craig, Ezra Stephen, and Christiaan Michael.
What is Clay Walker’s net worth?
Clay Walker is a wealthy musician. His net worth is $8 million.
- Clay Walker is 52 years old.
- His album Fall was released in 2007.
- Jessica Craig is his current wife.
View this post on Instagram