Keith Farrel Cozart, also is known as Chief Keef (born August 15, 1995), are a famous American rapper, songwriter, and music producer. He became popular in the early 2010s with a single like “I don’t like”, which later was remixed by megastar Kanye West. He is the CEO of his own record label Glory Boyz Records.
Chief Keef has been involved in major controversies as well, such as the weapon possession charge. Known as one of the prominent Chicago drill style central pioneers and propagators, he was 16 upon signing a multi-million dollar record contract with Interscope Records. He has a younger brother and a sister. He was engaged to Pretty Mesha, but they have since broken up. He had his first child, a daughter, at age 16. He has a total of two daughters and one son.
Chief Keef is also starting to get fame on social media. He has over 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube and over 6 million followers on Instagram. Through his Glo Gang label, Keef released his mixtapes and kept making money. His legal troubles have constantly harmed his career, and he says that it definitely is taking a toll on his career as a musician. Although Keef wanted ‘Bang 3’ to be his second album, he released another called ‘Nobody’ in 2014.
Discover Chief Keef’s height, weight, age, relationship, net worth, and full bio below.
|Name||Keith Farrel Cozart (Chief Keef)|
|Born||August 15, 1995|
|Height||183 cm (in centimetres)|
1.83 m (in meters)
6 ft (in feet and inches)
|Weight||70 kg (in kilograms)|
154 lbs (in pounds)
|Spouse||Pretty Mesha (Fiance)|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Profiles||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube|
Where was Chief Keef born?
- Chief Keef was born in Chicago, Illinois. He was raised by his mother and grandmother. He got separated from his father at a very age. He was very fond of his uncle Keith Carter, also known as Big Keef, and after the death of his uncle Chief’s death, he was named after his uncle.
- Chief Keef is also a member of the street gang “Black Disciples”. He was hooked up in rap music early and started rapping when he was 5 years old.
- His mother understood his passion for music and brought him a karaoke machine. Ever since that, he has been writing his own rhyme and rapping as well.
- When he was a child, he attended Dulis Elementary School and a therapeutic school, Banner School. At the age of 15, he dropped out of school to pursue a music career.
What is Chief Keef famous for?
- In 2011, Chief Keef started to recognise his debut mixtape ” The Glory Red and Bang”. He was under house arrest for weapon possession. During that time, he decided to pursue a YouTube career and post his music on YouTube.
- He became famous in Chicago for his music “I Don’t Like”. They called the song a perfect Chicago Song. The song became worldwide famous when Kanye West remixed it along with other music superstars. Chief Keef was starting to hear his name in the rap industry.
- In 2012, his fame was at its peak, and a bidding war was starting to take place between record labels for his signature. He eventually signed with Interscope Records on a lucrative deal and his own record label. His deal was worth around 6 million and a further 4 million to establish GBE records.
- He became the founder of the record label “Glory Boyz Entertainment. He released his first album, “Filthy Rich”, through Interscope Records, which featured mega stars like 50 Cent, Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, etc.
- In 2013, he signed with another record label called 1017 Brick Squad Records. Another highlight of Chief Keef’s career is his collaboration with Kanye West on “Hold My Liquor”.
- On August 15, 2013, on his 18th birthday, he surprised his fans with a new mixtape titled Bang pt 2. The mixtape was not reviewed admirably as he hoped, and the next mixtape titled Almighty Sosa was also a victim of negative reviews.
- He released the critically acclaimed mixtape “Back from the Dead”. Later the same year, he has released from Interscope Records. He released Bang 2 and Bang 3, his second and third albums, in 2015. He also released his fourth album, “Dedication”, in 2017.
- With the song “Chrome Heart Tags,” Chief Keef earned his first big producing credit on Lil Uzi Vert’s second studio album, Eternal Atake, in March 2020.
What is the height of Chief Keef?
- Chief Keef stands at the height of 6ft and weighs about 70 kg. His hair colour is black, and he has black colour eyes. His zodiac sign is Leo.
- He was separated from his father at an early age and was raised by his mother and grandmother. He was very close to his uncle and decided to follow the music he learned from his uncle. He is a serious but very determined person. He takes his music very seriously.
Is Chief Keef dating someone?
- Chief Keef is engaged with Pretty Mesha, a worldwide model and video dancer. They have 4 kids. His past relationship and dating information are still unknown as he likes to keep his life private.
View this post on Instagram
Why did Chief Keef go to jail?
- In 2017 he was kept under house arrest for the culprit in heroin distribution. Later that year, he was again kept in house confinement for possessing a weapon.
- One year later, he was sent to juvenile for a parole violation. There was suspicion of killing other rappers, but he was not proved guilty of the murder. In 2014, Chief Keef went to jail for driving under the influence of Marijuana. He was also sued by various record labels for failure in appearing for concerts and music productions.
Chief Keef Net Worth
What is Chief Keef’s net worth?
- Chief Keef is a very respected name in the rap industry. He has various famous records and albums. His primary source of income comes from music and record deals. His net worth as of 2020 is estimated to be approximately $5 million.
- He was named after his uncle Big Keef.
- He was raised by his mother and grandmother.
- His first single, “I Don’t Like”, was remixed by Kanye West.
- His net worth is approximately $ 5 million.
- Chief Keef and Ski Mask are famous American rappers.
‘Image Credit – @ChiefKeef Instagram