Who is Carlos Vives?
Carlos Alberto Vives Restrepo, professionally known as Carlos Vives, is a legendary Latin pop singer, songwriter, and actor hailing from Colombia. His popular discographies include Por Fuera y Por Dentro, No Podrás Escapar de Mí, Al Centro de la Ciudad, Escalona: Un Canto A La Vida, El Rock de Mi Pueblo, Vives, Más + Corazón Profundo, and others. As an actor, Vives acted in hit films like Tuyo es mi corazón, LP loca pasión, La mujer doble, La Voz Colombia, La Voz, etc.
In 2002, the singer won the Latin Grammy Award twice for his album Déjame Entrar in Best Contemporary Tropical Album and Best Tropical Song. Moreover, he received nine more Latin Grammy Awards among 18 nominations. Vives won the recognition of Premios Nuestra Tierra five times in 2014 in various categories. In 2002, the singer received the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album. He won the award for the album Más + Corazón Profundo in 2015. Apart from these, the singer was nominated for the World Music Award thrice in 2013 but unfortunately could not bag one. In 2020, Vives was inducted into the Billboard Latin Music Awards Hall of Fame.
|Birth Name||Carlos Alberto Vives Restrepo|
|Birth Date||7 August 1961 (Age 60)|
|Birth Place||Santa Marta, Colombia|
|Other Names||Carlos Vives|
|Parent(s)||Luis Aurelio Vives, Aracely Florez Restrepo|
|College||University of Bogota Jorge Tadeo Lozano|
|Profession||Singer, actor, and songwriter|
|Active Years||1978- Present|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Spouse(s)||Claudia Elena Vásquez (2008- Present)|
Margarita Rosa de Francisco (1988-1990)
Herlinda Gómez (1990-2004)
|Children||Lucy Vives, Elena Vives, Carlos Enrique Vives, Pedro Vives|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$9 million|
What is Carlos Vives’ profession?
- Carlos Vives is an eminent Colombian singer and actor. He started his career as an actor first. In 1982, he acted in Tiempo Sin Huella where he played the role of Julián in the movie. In the same year, he appeared in David Copperfield. In 1985, the actor portrayed the character of Carlos Sánchez in Tuyo es mi corazón. In the following year, he featured in Gallito Ramírez. In 1989, Vives appeared in La Conciencia de Lucía.
- As a singer, he released his debut album Por Fuera y Por Dentro in 1986. In the following year, the musician came up with No Podrás Escapar de Mí. Escalona: Un Canto A La Vida, released in 1991, is Vives’s most popular discography. The singer has delivered 15 albums to date, which have brought immense popularity to him. Déjame Entrar is considered to be Vives’s most loved discography. In 2014, he released Más + Corazón Profundo. Cumbiana is the last album of the singer that came out in 2020.
What is Carlos Vives’ physical appearance?
Carlos Vives was born in Santa Marta, Colombia, on 7 August 1961. He has brown eyes and light brown hair. The singer weighs around 74 kg and is 5.11 feet tall. He attended the University of Bogota Jorge Tadeo Lozano.
Is Carlos Vives married?
Carlos Vives married Margarita Rosa de Francisco in 1988, but they got divorced in 1990. He then married Herlinda Gómez in 1990. The couple separated in 2004. The singer married Claudia Elena Vásquez in 2008, and both are together to date.
How much does Carlos Vives earn?
Carlos Vives’ net worth is $9 million.
- Carlos Vives is a Colombian singer.
- He has won 11 Latin Grammy Awards.
- The singer’s birth sign is Leo.
View this post on Instagram