Bobby Byrd was a celebrated rhythm and blues singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer in the USA. He was the leader of the band The Famous Flames.
Who is Bobby Byrd?
Bobby Howard Byrd, popularly known by his stage name Bobby Byrd was one of the most popular R&B singers and musicians in the United States of America. He was also a record producer and was a founder member of the popular R&B band The Famous Flames. The musician and his music group ruled the music industry in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
Please Please Please, Try Me, The Amazing James Brown, Shout and Shimmy, Pure Dynamite! Live at the Royal, Live at the Apollo, Volume II, James Brown & The Famous Flames, Live at The Garden, etc., are the popular albums by The Famous Flames. I Know You Got Soul, Keep On Doin’ What You’re Doin’, I’m Not To Blame, If You Don’t Work You Can’t Eat, If You Got A Love You Better, You’ve Got To Change Your Mind, Hang-Ups We Don’t Need, We’re in Love are the hit singles by Bobby Byrd. The musician has received many recognitions in his career.
In 1998, he won the Pioneer Award from the Rhythm and Blues Foundation. Byrd was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2012 after his death. His band, The Famous Flames, was inducted into the prestigious Grammy Hall of Fame.
|Birth Name||Bobby Howard Byrd|
|Birth Date||August 15, 1934|
|Birth Place||Toccoa, Georgia, USA|
|Other Names||Bobby Byrd|
|Death Date||September 12, 2007 (Aged 73)|
|Death Place||Loganville, Georgia, USA|
|Death Cause||Lung cancer|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer|
|Active Years||1952- 1996|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Relationship||Married before death|
|Children||Gail Byrd, Carleen Anderson, and two others|
|Social Media Handles||N/A|
|Net worth||$10 million|
What was Bobby Byrd’s profession?
- Bobby Byrd was a renowned American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He was always into music and wanted to pursue the art form as his career. Byrd created the gospel group Gospel Starlighters. Soon after that, he met James Brown in a juvenile center. Both the musicians gave birth to a new era with their music. The Famous Flames was formed in 1953. Please Please Please was the debut album by the R&B group released in 1956. In 1959, Byrd and his band came up with their second album titled Try Me. In the following year, they released the discography Think!.
- The Famous Flames came up with their next album, The Amazing James Brown. In 1968, the band broke up. But both the musicians did not stop composing music together. Get Up Sex Machine and I Know You Got Soul are the solo singles by the singer. Byrd founded the record label People Records in 1971. He has also composed songs with his second wife, center Anderson.
Who are Bobby Byrd’s parents?
Bobby Byrd’s family background is not known. He had a sibling named Sarah Byrd. The singer was born on August 15, 1934, in Toccoa, Georgia, USA. He never shared about his educational qualifications. Byrd was 5.10 feet tall and had a bodyweight of 75 kg.
Whom did Bobby Byrd marry?
Bobby Byrd married twice, but there is no information about his first wife. He then officially married Vicki Anderson in 1973. Byrd had four children.
Where did Bobby Byrd die?
Bobby Byrd died on September 12, 2007, in Loganville, Georgia, USA. He died of lung cancer at the age of 73.
- Bobby Byrd was an R&B singer.
- He was the founder member of The Famous Flames.
- Byrd was the stepfather of Carleen Anderson.