Who is Big Pun?
Christopher Lee Rios, known mainly by his professional name Big Pun, was a notable rapper and lyricist hailing from the United States of America. Because of his dedication and passion, the hip-hop singer gained eminence within a short period. His singles broke many existing records in terms of popularity among the audience. I’m Not a Player, Still Not a Player, You Came Up, It’s So Hard, 100%, and How We Roll is Big Pun’s hit songs. He only could deliver two discographies before his tragic death, namely Capital Punishment and Yeeeah Baby.
The rapper’s compilation albums are Endangered Species and The Legacy: The Best of Big Pun. Both were released after his death. The musician also made several features in noted artists’ music pieces such as Raekwon, Off the Books, Veronica, Pete Rock, Fat Joe, Brandy, Jennifer Lopez, Heavy D, and others. He has received several recognitions even though he had a short career. Starting from featuring in many newspapers and magazines to getting international prominence, Big Pun lived it all while alive. He was nominated for the honorary Grammy Award in 1999 in Best Rap Album- Capital Punishment. In the same year, the rapper got a nomination for the Soul Train Award.
|Birth Name||Christopher Lee Rios|
|Birth Date||November 10, 1971|
|Birth Place||The Bronx, New York City, New York, USA|
|Other Names||Big Pun|
|Death Date||February 7, 2000 (Aged 28)|
|Death Place||White Plains, New York, USA|
|Death Cause||Heart attack|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Relationship||Married before death|
|Spouse(s)||Liza Rios (1990-2000)|
|Children||Chris Rivers, Vanessa Rios, Amanda Rios|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$3 million|
What were the career highlights of Big Pun?
- Big Pun was a popular rapper in the USA. He began writing verses as a teenager. The rapper collaborated with artists like Lyrical Assassin, Joker Jamz, and Toom in his initial career. Finally, in 1997, Big Pun released his debut album Capital Punishment. I’m Not a Player. Still, Not a Player and You Came Up were the hit singles of the discography. It was a major hit that brought immense fame to the composer.
- He became a member of the hip-hop band Terror Squad and released their debut album titled The Album. Pun’s second and last album Yeeeah Baby was released posthumously in 2000. It’s So Hard, and 100% are the two songs of it. The rapper also appeared in several films, including Moesha, Thicker Than Water, Urban Menace, Boricua’s Bond, etc.
What is Big Pun’s physical appearance?
Big Pun was 5.8 feet tall and had a bodyweight over 300 kg. His eyes were dark brown, and his hair was black. On November 10, 1971, the rapper was born in The Bronx, New York City, USA. He had many tattoos on his body.
What was Big Pun’s relationship status?
Big Pun was married to Liza Rios. The couple had three children- Chris Rivers, Vanessa Rios, Amanda Rios.
How did Big Pun die?
He died of a heart attack at the age of 28 in White Plains Hospital, White Plains, New York, the USA, on 7 February 2000. He gained excessive weight, which ultimately took his life.
What was Big Pun’s net worth?
Big Pun’s net worth was $3 million before death.
- Big Pun’s birth sign was Scorpio.
- He was born in The Bronx, New York City.
- Pun died of a heart attack.
View this post on Instagram