Big Daddy Kane
BIG DADDY KANE was born Antonio Monterio hardy. He is an American rapper who began his career in the late ’80s as a member of the Juice Crew. Kane is known as the most influential and skilled rapper in hip hop. His stage name BIG DADDY KANE came to him from the movie Beach Party in which Vincent Price played the character BIG DADDY. The Kane part came from his addiction to martial art movies as a young child. His ability to sync over faster hip hop beats and acknowledge his fast rhyming pioneers. He went on to set several late 80s and 90s hip hop trends.
BIG DADDY started his career in 1986 as a member of a hip hop group called Juice Crew. Kane made a breakthrough appearance on the Posse Cut ” The Symphony” as a Juice Crew member. His first debut album, “LONG LIVE THE KANE”, was released in 1988. BIG DADDY featured in “Ain’t No Half Steppin” the following year. BIG DADDY released his second album, IT’S A BIG DADDY THING, which became Kane’s career-best commercial success to date. He is widely known as the greatest rapper of the golden era of hip hop between 1986-1997. KANE’S later album, Looks Like a Job For, received a significant response.
|NAME||BIG DADDY KANE|
|BORN||SEPTEMBER 10, 1968 (53)|
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
|PROFESSION||RAPPER, ACTOR, PRODUCER, RECORD|
|NET WORTH||$500 THOUSAND|
Flashback of Big Daddy Kane
Early Life of Big Daddy Kane
BIG DADDY KANE’s birth name is Antonio Hardy, born in Brooklyn on September 10, 1968. Kane grew up in a notorious neighbourhood Bedford- Stuyvesant of Brooklyn. Kane’s father was a truck driver and his mother, Ruth Bradley, worked as a registered nurse. After Kane was born, the family moved from Albee Square to Bedford. BIG DADDY has a younger brother Lil’ Daddy Shane. Kane started his career assisting his cousin in stage shows.
Career Story of Big Daddy Kane
The success story of Big Daddy Kane
- BIG DADDY began his career in the mid-80s. Kane met Biz Marke in 1984, they both went on to become good friends. Kane collaborated with Biz and started to co-write some of Biz’s best-known raps, and the two of them became crucial members of the Queen ‘s-based Juice Crew.
- KANE signed with renowned producer Marley Marl’s Cold Chillin label in 1987. He debuted with the 12″ single “Raw,” which became an overnight sensation the following year. Kane’s debut album in 1988, ” Long Live the Kane,” was well-received. His second album, ” It’s a Big Daddy Thing.” cemented his name in the world of hip hop. Kane referred to as a legend with hit songs like “Smooth Operator” and ” I Get the Job Done,” became a Chartbuster hit in the R&B Top 40 in late 1989. In 1991 BIG DADDY won a Grammy award for best rap performance for his collaborative track ” Back on the Block,” which became a highlight in his successful artistic career.
- Kane started his acting career in 1993 with the movie “Posse,” after which he got cast in ” The Meteor Man.” In the 90s, BIG DADDY modelled for Playgirl and appeared on the cover page of Madonna’s Sex Book. In 1998, he released his farewell album, “Veteranz Day,” which was not a commercial hit and received mixed reviews.
Personal Info and Relationship Status
What is the current relationship status of KANE?
Big daddy Kane weighs around 80 kg, and his height is 1.83m. After taking a backseat from the mainstream rapping, Kane has settled down in Raleigh. Kane got married to Shawnette Hardy in 2010 and has a son named Lamel Hardy.
Networth of Big Daddy Kane
Current net worth status of BIG DADDY
BIG DADDY KANE is a famous name in the hip hop scene and inspires emerging artists. His current net worth is around $500 thousand as of January.
- BIG DADDY KANE is also known as Dark Gable, King Asiatic, Blackanova, Count Macula.
- Kane shared the stages with giants like L L Cool J. and Public Enemy.
- As of now, BIG DADDY KANE is 53 years old.
- BIG DADDY KANE had several affairs before getting married in 2010.
- KANE was born Antonio Hardy.
- He announced himself to be an aid victim when he appeared on a tv show in the early 90s.
View this post on Instagram
People Also Search For Maino and Polo G