Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian film actress who has been working in Hindi films. Born in Konkani family in Goa, she was an assistant casting director for six years under Shanoo Sharma of Yash Raj Films before venturing into acting. She signed a three-film deal with the Yash Raj Films as an actress and made her film debut with a leading role in the 2015 romantic comedy Dum Laga Ke Haisha which won her a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. That same year, Pednekar appeared in Y-Films’s mini web-series Man’s world. The four-part series about gender inequality premiered on YouTube on 29 September 2015.
After a two year absence from the screen, in 2017, Pednekar appeared in Shree Narayan Singh’s directorial debut Toilet: Ek Prem Katha opposite Akshay Kumar. And one with Shubh Mangal Savdhan, a romantic comedy, Pednekar appeared opposite Ayushmann Khurrana. Both films were critically and commercially success.
The latest hit by Bhumi Pednekar such as Bala (2019) and Pati Patni aur Woh (2019) made her foot in the industry stronger. She also won the Filmfare critics’ awards for the Best actress for her headstrong role of Chandro Tomar in the movie Sandh ki Ankh (2019). She also featured in Abhiske Dube’s Sonchiriya (2019). She played the role of a house wife alongside Sushant Singh Rajput and Manoj Bajpayee and had to undergo a two moth training to learn the gait and mannerism for the movie.
Bhumi Pednekar’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||18 July 1989 (31 years )|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 4in,163cm,1.63 m|
|Weight||60 kg,132 lbs|
|Father||Late Satish Pednekar|
|Net Worth||3 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015)|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College||University of Mumbai|
|– Waist||28 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||36 inches|
|Favorite Food||Missi Roti, butter chicken and dal makhni|
|Favorite Film||Raja Hindustani|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Pednekar was born to a Konkani family in Goa, her father is from a Goan village called Pedne thats how she got the name.
- While Bhumi was giving demo for Dum Laga Ke Haisha, she had no idea that she was auditioned for the film. She thought her performance would be used as demo to brief other actors during auditions.
- She gained close to 12 kg for Dum Laga Ke Haisha despite being overweight before the shooting had commenced.
- Bhumi lost 25 Kilos for Subh Mangal Saavdhan in just four months.
- Bhumi’s Twitter and Facebook bio states that she aims to be a future leader.
- Bhumi has watched KRK’s Deshdrohi almost 100 times; shocking but true.
- On her relationship status, she says, ““I am a modern day girl and of course I have dated many guys.”
- She began the climate titled Climate Warrior in order to raise awareness regarding global warming and environmental protection in the year 2019.
- She also teamed up with MTV India in the year 2020 for the Nishedh campaign which is aimed to create awareness about health issues among the youth.
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile