Athiya Shetty is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. She was born on 5 November 1992 to actor Sunil Shetty and director Mana Shetty in Mumbai. At the age of 18, she relocated alone in New York City to enroll at the New York Film Academy as she wanted to act in films. In 2015, she made her acting debut in the romantic action film Hero. Produced by Salman Khan and directed by Nikkhil Advani.
After her debut, she became the brand ambassador for the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York and featured in the Indian edition of high-profile magazine covers such as Cosmopolitan, Verve, Harper’s Bazaar and many more .After gap of one year, she appeared in multi-cast romantic-comedy film Mubarka, directed by Anees Bazmee.
She appeared on the song by Badshah in 2018 which was called Tere Nall Nachna. She later appeared as Anita Annie Awasthi in the year 2019 in Debamitra Biswal’s comic drama Motichoor Chaknachoor. She played the role of young woman who is desperate to go to abroad. She was opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the movie which got mixed response from the audience.
She is going to feature in Afshan Ashiq’s biopic film as the title role in the coming year.
Athiya Shetty’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||5 November 1992 (28 Years)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 8in,173 cm,1.73 m|
|Weight||54 kg,119 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Sunil Shetty (Actor)|
|Mother||Mana Shetty (Fashion designer, social worker)|
|Net Worth||10 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Hero (2015)|
|Salary||1 crores/per film (INR)|
|Awards||Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award|
|School||American School of Bombay, Mumbai|
|College||New York Film Academy (NYFA), New York, United States|
|– Waist||24 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Favorite Sport||Football, Basketball|
|Favorite Film||Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Ghum, Kal Ho Na Ho|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor, Aishwarya Ray|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Dancing, Sports, Sky Diving, Photography|
View this post on Instagram
Maybelline New York
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Shah Rukh Khan who is Athiya Shetty’s favorite. She was really ecstatic and inspired after seeing Kal Ho Na Ho.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Tiger Shroff also studied in the same school as Athiya, but they were 2 years senior to her.
- Athiya told in an interview that Tiger used to bully her. However Tiger’s sister, Krishna was good friends with Athiya.
- It was actually Aishwarya and not father Suneil Shetty who inspired the Hero actress to take up acting. When she was little, Athiya would accompany her father, Suneil Shetty, on the sets of Umrao Jaan.
- She has celebrity crush on Hrithik Roshan.
- She is very religious and superstitious. She doesn’t cross the road when a black cat crosses her way.
- Suniel Shetty and daughter Athiya made their debut in Bollywood on the same day. Suneil made his debuted in Bollywood with Balwaan, which was released on 11th September 1992. 23 years later, Athiyatoo debuted on the same day.
- She used to watch almost every Bollywood film in her childhood.
- She decided to become an actress at age of 18.
- She says that she is tomboy and loves playing football, basketball and many outdoor sports.
- Athiya Shetty was involved in a controversy surrounding the Motichoor Chaknachoor movie where she was alledged of getting involved in ego fights with director.
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile