Athiya Shetty is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. She was born on 5 November 1992 to actor Sunil Shetty and director Mana Shetty in Mumbai. At the age of 18, she relocated alone to New York City to enrol at the New York Film Academy as she wanted to act in films. In 2015, she made her acting debut in the romantic action film Hero. Produced by Salman Khan and directed by Nikkhil Advani.
After her debut, she became the brand ambassador for the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York. She featured in the Indian edition of high-profile magazine covers such as Cosmopolitan, Verve, Harper’s Bazaar and many more. After a gap of one year, she appeared in Mubarak’s multi-cast romantic-comedy film, directed by Anees Bazmee.
She appeared on the song by Badshah in 2018, which was called Tere Nall Nachna. She later appeared as Anita Annie Awasthi in 2019 in Debamitra Biswal’s comic drama Motichoor Chaknachoor. She played the role of a young woman who is desperate to go abroad. She was opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the movie, which got mixed responses from the audience.
Athiya Shetty first went to Cathedral & John Connon School and then shifted to American School of Bombay and completed her graduation at the New York Film Academy as she wanted to act in films. She will feature in Afshan Ashiq’s biopic film as the title role in the coming year.
Athiya Shetty’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||5 November 1992 (28 Years)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 8in,173 cm,1.73 m|
|Weight||54 kg,119 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Sunil Shetty (Actor)|
|Mother||Mana Shetty (Fashion designer, social worker)|
|Net Worth||10 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Hero (2015)|
|Salary||1 crore/per film (INR)|
|Awards||Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award|
|School||American School of Bombay, Mumbai|
|College||New York Film Academy (NYFA), New York, United States|
|– Waist||24 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Favourite Sport||Football, Basketball|
|Favourite Film||Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Ghum, Kal Ho Na Ho|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor, Aishwarya Ray|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Dancing, Sports, Sky Diving, Photography|
View this post on Instagram
- Maybelline, New York.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Shah Rukh Khan is Athiya Shetty’s favourite. She was really ecstatic and inspired after seeing Kal Ho Na Ho.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Tiger Shroff also studied in the same school as Athiya, but they were 2 years senior.
- Athiya told in an interview that Tiger used to bully her. However, Tiger’s sister, Krishna, was good friends with Athiya.
- It was actually Aishwarya and not father Suneil Shetty who inspired the Hero actress to take up acting. When she was little, Athiya would accompany her father, Suneil Shetty, on the sets of Umrao Jaan.
- She has a celebrity crush on Hrithik Roshan.
- She is very religious and superstitious. She doesn’t cross the road when a black cat crosses her way.
- Suniel Shetty and daughter Athiya made their debut in Bollywood on the same day. Suneil made his debut in Bollywood with Balwaan, which was released on 11th September 1992. 23 years later, Athiyatoo debuted on the same day.
- She used to watch almost every Bollywood film in her childhood.
- She decided to become an actress at the age of 18.
- She says that she is a tomboy and loves playing football, basketball and many outdoor sports.
- Athiya Shetty was involved in a controversy surrounding the Motichoor Chaknachoor movie where she was alleged of getting involved in ego fights with the director.
- Shetty will next be featured in footballer Afshan Ashiq’s biographical film Hope Solo, in which she will play the lead role.
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile
People Also Search For Kalki Koechlin and Sanjana Sanghi