Who is Arnold Schwarzenegger Ex-Wife?
Maria Shriver is Schwarzenegger’s Ex-Wife. She is a well-known journalist, TV producer, author, screenwriter, voice actor, and philanthropist. Shriver was born on 6 November 1955 in Illinois, Chicago.
Shriver belongs to one of the most famous families globally, the Kennedy family. Her father, Sargent Shriver, was a politician and diplomat, and her mother was Eunice Kennedy Shriver, an advocate.
Shriver completed her early education at Westland Middle School in Maryland. In 1977, she completed her Bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University. She studied American Studies at the University.
One year after graduating from the University, Shriver began working as a news writer. She also met Arnold Schwarzenegger that year. At the time, Schwarzenegger was a bodybuilder and played active roles in films.
Quick Bio of Arnold Schwarzenegger Ex-Wife
|Birth Name||Maria Owings Shriver|
|Born||6 November 1955|
|Profession||American journalist, author|
|Country||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Height||5 Foot 6 Inches or 167 cm|
|Weight||59 KG or 130 lbs|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|High School||Westland Middle School, Maryland|
|Net Worth||$120 million|
What Does Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Ex-Wife Do?
- Maria Shriver is a journalist and author. She started her writing career just one year after her graduation. She got a news writing job at Baltimore’s WJZ- TV. No doubt, her impressive family background helped her in getting the job.
- Shriver showed brilliant skills at her work. She became a national reporter at CBS News after working for five years for Baltimore’s WJZ- TV. Three years later, she joined NBC. At NBC, Shriver became famous for her show ‘Main Street’. She went on to work with NBC for the next four years before doing ‘First Person with Maria Shriver’. It was her hosting show and brought her considerable fame.
- 2003 was an exceptional year for Shriver. She became ‘The First Lady of California’ that year. Afterwards, she quit her job at NBS and started doing other essential things. She became an advocate for various social issues. She is also a supporter of several charity organizations.
- Shriver also played an essential role in making the HBO documentary ‘The Alzheimer project to Television’. The documentary won two Emmy awards. Shriver is also a successful author. She is the author of ‘Ten Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Went into a Real- World’. The book enjoyed massive success after publication.
When Did Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver Get Marry?
- In 1977, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver met for the first time. It was Tom Brokaw who introduced Maria to Arnold at a tennis tournament. The duo dated for nearly eight years before finally marrying in 1986.
- The couple has four children together. After marrying for 25 years, the couple separated in 2011. The reason for their separation was Arnold’s extramarital affair. Maria found out that Arnold had a relationship and a child with their housekeeper. Their divorce was sensationalized by the media.
- Schwarzenegger publicly confessed that he was involved with one of his female household staff. The woman’s name was Mildred Patricia Baena. In the same public address, he also admitted that he was Baena’s son’s father.
- Schwarzenegger’s full name is Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger. He has tried his hands in many things during his career. He is an actor, producer, former bodybuilder, former politician and businessman. In 2003, Schwarzenegger became the 38th governor of California. He remained in that position until 2011.
- Now, Maria Shriver is the ex-wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger. But this is not her only identity. She achieved brilliant things in her life and career. To honour Shriver, a hybrid rose was named after her. In 2017, she became the recipient of the Alzheimer’s Association’s first-ever Life Time Achievement Award.
View this post on Instagram