Anushka Sharma is an Indian film actress, producer and model. She was born on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, India. Sharma had her first modeling assignment for the fashion designer Wendell Rodricks in 2007 and later moved to Mumbai to pursue a full-time career as a model.
Following a successful audition at Yash Raj Films, she made her screen debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the blockbuster romance Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008. Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012); the latter won her a Best Supporting Actress award at Filmfare. She had her biggest commercial successes with the roles of a television reporter in the religious satire PK (2014) and a wrestler in the sports drama Sultan (2016). Sharma received critical praise for her performances in the 2015 crime thriller NH10, which also marked her production debut, and the 2016 romantic drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, both of which earned her several awards and nominations.
In addition to acting in films, Sharma is the ambassador for multiple brands and products and has an active social media presence. She also supports various charities and causes, including gender equality and animal rights. She and her brother, Karnesh Sharma are the founders of the production company Clean Slate Films.
She is about to feature in two movies Kaneda (2021) and She appeared on Zero (2018) alongside Shah Rukh Khan and was also applauded for her movie Pari (2018), a horror movie. Jhulan Goswami Biopic (2021). She was applauded for the series Patal Lok that emerged under her banner.
Anushka Sharma’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||1 May 1988 (32 Years)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 5in ,165 cm,1.60 m|
|Weight||55 kg,119 lbs|
|Father||Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army Officer)|
|Net Worth||16 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Rab NeBana Di Jodi (2008)|
|School||Army School, Bengaluru|
|College||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Favorite Food||Butter Chicken|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood: Jab We Met, Chak De! India, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Dil Se|
Hollywood: The Shwashank Redemption, Life is Beautiful, In the Mood for the Love, Fish Tank
|Favorite Destination||Goa, The Himalayas|
|Favorite Color||White, Black, Navy Blue, Grey|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Rani Mukherji|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Cars Collection||Ranger Rover SUV|
7up Nimbooz Masala Soda, Nivea, Spinz Talc, Colgate Active Salt, Panetene, Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry and Fiat Palio etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- In April 2017, Anushka Sharma faces trouble over illegal electrical junction box, BMC issues notice to remove junction box or “necessary action will be initiated as per MMC act.”
- It was said there was a rift between Anushka and Virat Kohli relationship during Bombay Velvet release. Reports claims that Virat had invested a lot of money in Anushka’s film Bombay Velvet, which turned out to be commercial failure. When Virat enquired about the money loss, Anushka felt upset. Virat even unfollowed her on twitter and Instagram. But, eventually, after few months they got into relationship again.
- A controversy rose when Anushka paid homage to Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on twitter misspelling his name as “ABJ Kalam Azad”. She was criticized badly so she deleted her tweet and posted a new one which was again not correct as she wrote it, “APJ Kalam Azad”. She deleted and posted a new tweet in which she was finally correct.
- She originally intended to pursue a career in modeling or journalism, and had no aspirations to be an actress.
- In 2007, Sharma made her runway debut at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show and was picked to be his finale model at the Spring Summer 2007 Collection.
- Her first role was of an extra in the comedy drama Lage Raho Munna Bhai(2006).
- Aditya Chopra called her, “Not so beautiful actress” when she came to give audition to her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- Shah Rukh Khan gave all the success credit of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi to Anushka Sharma. He says the film was such a big hit because of her and not because of him.
- In 2014, she went through facial plastic surgery.
- She was also named as the “hottest vegetarian of 2015” by PETA .vegetarianism in 2015.
- Sharma along with her family is a follower of ‘Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram’ in Haridwar.
- In December 2014, Sharma auctioned the leather jacket she wore in Jab Tak Hai Jaanon eBay, with proceeds going to the redevelopment of the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
- In 2016, she supported India’s first transgender band, the 6-Pack Band, by providing a voice over in their first single, “Hum Hain Happy.”
- She got married to Virat Kohli on December 11, 2017.
- Anushka Sharma is pregnant and is going to give birth to her first child in January 2021.
View this post on Instagram
|2009||Star Guild Best Female Debut Awards- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi|
|2011||Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards for Excellent Performance Award- Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2011||IIFA Best Actress and Hottest Pair Award – Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2011||Star Guild Best Actress in a Leading Role Award- Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2013||Stardust Best Comedy/Romance Actress Awards- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2013||Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2013||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2013||Zee Cine Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female Award- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2016||Star Guild K.A Abbas Honour for Social Consciousness Awards- NH10|
|2017||Zee Cine Best Actor (Female) – Viewers’ Choice Awards- Sultan|
|2017||Stardust Best Actress of the Year Awards- Sultan|
|Address||Badrinath Towers, 20th Floor, Seven Bungalows, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile