Who is Andy Dick?
Andrew Roane Dick is often called Andy Dick. He is an American comedian, musician, television, actor and film producer. Despite being famous for his comedic skills, Andy had a trail of controversies following him throughout his life. His eccentric behaviour, sexual misconduct, allegations, drug abuse, and arrests have always been in the headlines.
In numerous productions during high school, he was well known as the class clown and was elected homecoming king his senior year in the fall of 1983. Even in high school, Dick tended to use his name as a joke.
Comedian Andy Dick triumphed over personal tragedy, drug and alcohol addiction, and bad press to become one of Hollywood’s most unforgettable — and unconventional — jokesters. Born on December 21, 1965, in Charleston, SC, Dick is the adopted son of the late Allen and Sue Dick.
|Birth Name||Andrew Thomlinson|
|Born||21 December 1965 (55 years)|
|Height||1.78 m, 5 ft. 10 inch|
|Weight||65kg (143 lbs)|
|Children||Lucas, Jacob, and Meg Dick|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
- Dick started his comedy career on television as a part of The Ben Stiller Show. It was a sketch comedy. In 1993 he had a special appearance on the CBS show of David Letterman.
- In 1994 he played a part in an episode of ‘Maggies the Model’ as Pepe, the stylist. In 2001 he starred alongside Kieran Culkin on a series called Go Fish.
- He has done several sitcoms like News Radio, Less than Perfect, etc.
- He also had a guest appearance on Star Trek: Voyager presenting himself in “Message in the Bottle”. He played the part of Emergency Medical Hologram. In 2001, we saw him developing his show along with his colleagues and producer. “The Andy Dick Show” ended in 2003 after approximately three seasons.
- In 2004 he featured in The Assistant. It was a satirical reality show telecasted on MTV.
- Along with his television career, he has also played roles in movies like Bongwater alongside Jack Black and Luke Wilson. His earliest roles belong to a movie adaptation of a video game, Double Dragon. He portrayed a fictional edition of himself in it.
- He has also done cameos in films like ‘Dude, Where’s My Car?’, Road Trip, and Zoolander. He has also been featured in the documentary ‘The Aristocrats’ and appeared as a near-sighted optician Lon in Employee of the Month.
- Apart from all starring in movies he has also directed, his film direction debut was Danny Roanne: First Time Director. His career in the field of voiceover and web series also shines bright.
- Read about Mia Sarapochiello.
Is Andy Dick sober living?
- Andy Dick has struggled for several years with drug and alcohol abuse. He has been sent to rehab programs more than 20 times to start living a sober life.
View this post on Instagram
- Andy Dick has a colourful dating life. He tied the knot with Ivone Kowalczyk in 1986 and ended up taking divorce in 1990.
- After his divorce, he married Lena Sved. The couple could not stay together for long, and Andy was said to stay away from Lena and his children.
- After both his marriages, Andy dated about eight ladies, namely, Amber Smith, Enger Ebeltoft, Lisa Donatz, Brande Roderick, Trishelle Cannatella, Sarah, Wendy Maddix, and Jessica Kiper.
- In 2006 via “ The Washinton Post “, he announced himself as bisexual.
- Andy Dick’s net worth is around $5 Million. He has flourished as both an actor and a comedian. He’s one of the major hits ‘Road Trip’ boosted his fortunes by earning $119.8 million at the box office.
- Andy has an outgoing personality. He dressed in a homemade superhero costume at school and presented himself as “Super Dick.”
- Dick and Anthony Rapp have been childhood friends.