Amrita Rao is an Indian film actress and model. She has appeared in Hindi films of Bollywood and one movie in Telugu. Rao was born and raised in Mumbai; she made her screen debut in Ab Ke Baras (2002). One of her most popular roles was in the romance film Vivah (2006). Rao’s roles in Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008) and Main Hoon Na (2004) earned her a Stardust Best Actress Award and a Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award nomination respectively.
She has been called “Bollywood’s quintessential girl next-door” by various media outlets. Times Of India named Rao one of its “50 Most Desirable Women of 2011.” She married her boyfriend, Anmol, a Radio Jockey after 7 years of dating on 15 May 2016 in Mumbai.
She recently starred in the movie Thackrey (2019) which was the biopic of the political influence of Thackrey on the state of Maharashtra. She starred along side Nawazuddin Siddiqui in this movie. She recently gave birth to baby boy on November 1, 2020.
Amrita Rao’s Basic Personal Info
|Name||Amrita Deepak Rao|
|Born||17 June 1981 (39 Years)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|Height||5ft 5in,165 cm,1.65 m|
|Weight||48 kg,106 lbs|
|Spouse||RJ Anmol (Radio Jockey)|
|Net Worth||20 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Ab Ke Baras (2002)|
|Debut TV||Perfect Bride (2009, as a judge)|
|Salary||1 crores/per film (INR)|
|School||Canossa Convent Girls School, Mumbai|
|College||Sophia College, Mumbai|
|– Waist||23 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Favorite Food||Mangalorian and Thai food|
|Favorite Color||Pink and Beige|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Rishi Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Fashion||Jerry D’Souza|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Reading short stories|
View this post on Instagram
BRU coffee, Cadbury, Kuber Nmkeen, Vivel Shampoo, Coca-Cola, Parachute, etc
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- It was believed that Amrita had secretly married RJ Anmol in 2015. But, they married publicly in 2016.
- Amrita is trained Hindustani classical singer.
- She is featured in the TV show Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Haion &TV, a re-telling of the famous Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle rivalry where Rao is playing Lata’s character.
- Her first public appearance was in the music video for Alisha Chinoy’s song Woh Pyar Mera.
- She dropped out her graduation in Psychology because of modeling offers she started getting.
- She and her sister started modeling during her college days.
- Amrita Rao was deeply saddened on the demise of Irfan Khan as she had a deep urge to work with him.
- She got married to RJ Anmol.
- Amrita Rao gave birth to a baby boy on November 1, 2020.
|2004||IIFA Star Debut of the Year- Female- Ishq Vishak|
|2004||Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow Award- Female- Ishq Vishak|
|2007||Dadasaheb Phalke Award|
|2007||Anandalok Most Promising New Talent Award for Vivah|
|2009||Stardust Best Actress Award for Welcome to Sajjanpur|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile