Adam West was a distinguished American film and television actor mainly recognized for his contribution to series like Batman and Family Guy.
Who is Adam West?
William West Anderson, distinctly known by his professional name Adam West, was a famous face in American television. He was a talented actor who has contributed to the entertainment industry for more than six decades. West’s popular TV series are The Philco Television Playhouse, 77 Sunset Strip, Sugarfoot, Colt .45, Maverick, Laramie, Perry Mason, The Detectives, Batman, Legends of the Superheroes, The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Fairly OddParents, and Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero.
The actor acted in several films such as The Young Philadelphians, Batman, Doin’ Time on Planet Earth, Tales from Beyond, Angels with Angles, Ratko: The Dictator’s Son, and others. For his excellence in the acting profession, Adam West received many honors throughout his career. In 1967, he got a nomination for the Laurel Awards. West won TV Land Award and NAVGTR Award in the year 2004. In the following year, he received the TV Land Award in the category Favorite Crimestopper in Batman. In 2018, West won the Behind the Voice Actors Award 2018.
|Birth Name||William West Anderson|
|Birth Date||19 September 1928|
|Birth Place||Walla Walla, Washington, USA|
|Other Names||Adam West|
|Parent(s)||Otto West Anderson and Audrey V. Speer|
|Sibling(s)||John West Anderson|
|Death Date||9 June 2017 (Aged 88)|
|Death Place||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|High School||Walla Walla High School, Lakeside School|
|College||University of Puget Sound, Whitman College|
|Profession||Film and movie actor|
|Active Years||1954- 2017|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Relationship||Married before death|
|Spouse(s)||Marcelle Tag and Lear (1970-2017)
Frisbie Dawson (1957-1962)
Billie Lou Yeager (1950-1956)
|Children||Nina West, Hunter Anderson, Perrin West, Jonelle S. Anderson|
|Social Media Handles||N/A|
|Net worth||$8 million|
What did Adam West do?
- Adam West was an eminent actor in the USA. He started his career by appearing in the TV series The Kini Popo Show. In 1954, the actor featured in three episodes of The Philco Television Playhouse. He next appeared in the 1958 detective drama series 77 Sunset Strip. In the following year, West was seen in several shows, among which the prominent are Sugarfoot, Colt .45, Maverick, etc. He played the role of Det. Sgt. Steve Nelson in the 1961 crime drama series The Detectives. The actor is mostly known for portraying the lead character in the 1966 superhero series Batman. In 1996, he acted in the horror series Goosebumps.
- West made his film debut in 1957 with the film Voodoo Island. He then appeared in the drama film The Young Philadelphians in 1959. The actor played the lead role in the film adaptation of Batman in 1966. He was also famous as a voice-over artist. West gave his voice to the characters of films and series such as Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show, The Secret Files of the Spy Dogs, The Fairly OddParents, Moonbeam City, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Scooby-Doo! and the Beach Beastie, etc.
Was Adam West married?
Adam West married thrice in his life. He married Billie Lou Yeager in 1950, but they separated in 1956. The actor then married Frisbie Dawson Marcelle in 1957. West lastly married Tag and Lear in 1970 and stayed together till his death. Nina West, Hunter Anderson, Perrin West, and Jonelle S. Anderson are West’s children.
Where did Adam West die?
Adam West died on 9 June 2017 at 88 in Los Angeles, California, USA. He died of Leukemia.
What was Adam West’s net worth?
Adam West’s net worth was $8 million before his death.
- Adam West died at the age of 88.
- He played the lead role in the Batman series.
- West attended Walla Walla High School.